[Drama Review] Strong Woman Do Bong Soon


Breaking viewership records of JTBC, I heard a lot of people raving about this drama for many reasons include the casts, the plot, the comedy, etc. I only started watching it near the end which I thought was a good strategic movement as this drama is binge watch worthy. I don't think I would have been able to wait each week for two episodes to air... 

The plot follows the story of Do Bong Soon (played by Park Bo Young), who has superhuman strength and becomes the bodyguard of Ahn Min Hyuk (played by Park Hyun Shik). As the story ensues you comes across the typical Korean drama scenarios, a.k.a love triangle, falling in love, family feud, etc. 

I thought the combo of the two main actors, Park Bo Young and Park Hyun Shik was simply the best decision the producers could have made. They had great chemistry on screen and the cutest interactions. What made it even cuter was their height different *cute giggles*! The couple kind of reminded me of Oh My Ghostess, not only because Park Bo Young played the main lead there, but also because of the cute romantic bickering. 


In regards to the plot, I felt that some parts were really unnecessary. It did not add to the storyline at all. I guess the purpose of it all was to fill up the minutes for the drama, and instead of dragging the storyline they included these parts. I'm not sure if that was the best decision to take though because these parts were so unrelated that sometimes I lost interest. 

I think we have to give kudos to the supporting actors for sure! The amount of times I laughed hysterically because of them was uncounted for. 

Overall, a good binge worthy drama with great casts!! 

Comments