My Secret Romance


Where to start with this one... I would have to say that the plot is basically built on nonsense! So if you cannot handle nonsensical plots, then My Secret Romance is definitely not for you!!

Created by the same team as Something about 1% , the drama follows the story of a chaebol who falls in love with plain girl after an one night stand. Of course, you have the richness, the handsomeness and all that comes with a chaebol in this drama, including the 'parent' effect! Then on the other side, you have the girl who has gone through hardship in life - particularly in this drama, the hardship is quite... unusual!

The reason why My Secret Romance is nonsensical is due the plot not following normal progression. From one moment to the next is as if you were watching a totally different drama.

However, I didn't really feel that this nonsense really impacted the fun aspect of the overall drama. I thought that it had great focus on the romance aspect. So if you need a romance fix then watch this!

I was really happy to see Sung Hoon (main actor) in this drama, I have seen him in web dramas and waited for his next project patiently, and to my expectation he really delivered in this drama! Of course, I should also mention the abs, you shouldn't miss it!

I was nicely surprised by Song Ji-eun (main actress) acting! I would hesitant because of the idol stereotype (idols acting) but she really did her best! The chemistry on screen was great!!

Comments