Missing New Journey to the West already!



As the week has gone by, I started to realise that I am missing my weekly laughter session! Yes as you can guess... New Journey to the West season 4 has come to an end!

The season that has seen the rise of Cho Sommelier, aka Drunk Cho and more, finishednsihed up last week! However, it was an exciting journey in Vietnam! As per usual, the team travelled abroad to test new exciting games and see the comeback of the Zombie and cone games and more!


What I really enjoyed about this season was that there was a focus on the generation gap. So in many cases, the members were separated into two teams - Old Boys and Young Boys. Old boys consisted of Kang Ho Dong, Eun Ji Won and Lee  Soo Geun. While the Young Boys team consisted of Minho, Kyuhyun and Ahn Jae Hyun. As you can guess, this was decided by their age. They played numerous games which focused on songs and movies/dramas but you could feel that in each case, one team had more of an advantage depending on the year it came out. However, when it came to guessing girl groups and their songs, age wasn't a problem!

Overall, I felt the same emotions watching the new season as I felt before which is an important factor for a variety programme. Moreover, they were able to surprise me with new twists and turns through original games that even I could play along!!

What I am really curious about is who will replace Kyuhyun in the next season. The saddest thing about this season was the fact that he won't be in the coming seasons for another 2 year due to his military enlistment. So unfortunately, we won't see Drunk Cho, Sommelier Cho, etc for while. So who will replace him?? Certainly for the style of the show and games, it is necessary to enlist a new member, however, I am unsure about how that would change the overall feel of the show. Well, we just have to wait and see!

If a new season doesn't come soon, maybe we will see a new variety show from these brothers *LOL*

Comments